Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ok to store toilet in unheated garage

We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH
hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring
instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated,
unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were
wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's
still in the store packing.

thanks,
kay

Posted to alt.home.repair

"kay" wrote in message
oups.com...
We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH
hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring
instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated,
unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were
wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's
still in the store packing.

thanks,
kay

No problem. Cold temperatures won't harm it, only if water was left in a
used one to freeze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

kay wrote:
We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH
hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring
instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated,
unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were
wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's
still in the store packing.

How do you think the toilet GOT to Ohio? Perhaps in a climate-controlled
van?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 12:37?pm, "Mark" wrote:
Good point HeyBob, but it does make you wonder about how they ship things
that should NOT freeze such as paints, food items, and other things that say
'DO NOT FREEZE. Or how about things that say 'store at room temperature'
when ship in summer or in hot areas.

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kay wrote:
We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH
hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring
instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated,
unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were
wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's
still in the store packing.

How do you think the toilet GOT to Ohio? Perhaps in a climate-controlled
van?- Hide quoted text -

such easily damaged products are transported in climate controlled
refrigerated or heated trucks. much produce cant be left to freeze
between mexico and buffalo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:09:17 -0700, kay wrote:

We were going to remodel our bathroom, new toilet, tile, vanity but DH
hurt his back pretty bad and we're thinking about doing it next spring
instead. Right now the new toilet and tank is in the unheated,
unattached, cold garage. With a central Ohio winter coming on we were
wondering if the cold weather might damage the toilet in any way. It's
still in the store packing.

thanks,
kay

Take it out of the box and look to see if anyone **** in it. If
there's no ****, there's no problem.
Sometimes people **** in display toilets at places like Home Depot
because they dont realize it's just there for display.