Stuart

Default Store/fix extension ladder in garage

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:20:38 GMT, Parttime wrote:

I'd like to suspend my (alumin.) extension ladder from the wooden beams in the
garage. I can cobble together any number of Heath Rob. brackets, bits of string
etc etc to do this, but just wondered if anyone has some clever solution of how
to fix it and yet make it easily removable? I'd like it to stay with the rungs
horizontal as am very pushed for space in there.
tia

If the beams go across the width of the garage how about making up a
sort of framework either in wood or metal below one of the beams that
you could slide the ladder in to ( like in A but imagine the bottom
part up against the beam)and then you would need another way of fixing
the other end ...perhaps a piece of timber that would fit between the
rungs and could be swivelled at right angles to hold that end of the
ladder ( like in B if you can imagine the top line being the beam and
the bottom bit the part that swivels ).
Stuart

A------------------------------------------------------
I.............................I

B................................................. ....
..........II..........

Shift THELEVER to reply.
OG

"Parttime" wrote in message
I'd like to suspend my (alumin.) extension ladder from the wooden

beams in the
garage. I can cobble together any number of Heath Rob. brackets, bits

of string
etc etc to do this, but just wondered if anyone has some clever

solution of how
to fix it and yet make it easily removable? I'd like it to stay with

the rungs
horizontal as am very pushed for space in there.
tia

One end is supported by a loop of Bungie cord slung between 2 screw-in
eyes in the ceiling.

t'other end is held by a piece of nylon rope that starts at a screw-in
eye in the ceiling, loops down around the ladder, back up through the
eye and then down to a wall mounted cleat.

Position the head of the ladder through the elastic, loop the rope
around the other end and pull on the rope - the ladder lifts and holds
snug against the joist that runs across the garage.

It works for me.

The Natural Philosopher

Parttime wrote:

I'd like to suspend my (alumin.) extension ladder from the wooden beams in the
garage. I can cobble together any number of Heath Rob. brackets, bits of string
etc etc to do this, but just wondered if anyone has some clever solution of how
to fix it and yet make it easily removable? I'd like it to stay with the rungs
horizontal as am very pushed for space in there.
tia

Well all MINE has is a pair of 8" nails whacked into a wooden beam over
the pair of doors, and there is JUST space for it to stand about an inch
off the ground against the bit of wall between the doors..