Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost to repair section of asphalt driveway

I have a driveway that was damaged by a tenant who parked a large 5th
wheel RV on it, and I want to get the damaged part of the driveway
repaired.

Can anyone provide an estimate on how much it would cost to replace a
section of the driveway which measures approximately 10' by 25' and
includes 2 edges. A ballpark estimate or average cost per square foot
is all I need. Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lanman" wrote in message
I have a driveway that was damaged by a tenant who parked a large 5th
wheel RV on it, and I want to get the damaged part of the driveway
repaired.

Can anyone provide an estimate on how much it would cost to replace a
section of the driveway which measures approximately 10' by 25' and
includes 2 edges. A ballpark estimate or average cost per square foot
is all I need. Thanks...

Must be a pretty crappy driveway if a 5th wheeler damage that much of it.
You may want to consider having hte entire drive replaced with one
reasonably sturdy. You may be surprised that it won't cost a lot more once
the machines are on site.

The patch can be $1500 or more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:12:05 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"lanman" wrote in message
.. .
I have a driveway that was damaged by a tenant who parked a large 5th
wheel RV on it, and I want to get the damaged part of the driveway
repaired.

Can anyone provide an estimate on how much it would cost to replace a
section of the driveway which measures approximately 10' by 25' and
includes 2 edges. A ballpark estimate or average cost per square foot
is all I need. Thanks...

Must be a pretty crappy driveway if a 5th wheeler damage that much of it.
You may want to consider having hte entire drive replaced with one
reasonably sturdy. You may be surprised that it won't cost a lot more once
the machines are on site.

The patch can be $1500 or more.

I'm not sure what a typical asphalt driveway should support, but this
RV weighed in over 12,000lb when loaded. It would sit in the same spot
for months at a time, and during the warm summer months, the tires and
front stand sunk into the asphalt and left indentations of 2-3 inches.
Of course, every time it was parked, it was in a slightly different
spot; so there is a rolling effect across the back of the driveway.

You would have thought after the first time, the tenant would have put
some 2x12 boards on the asphalt to spread the weight and not cause
additional damage. That's what I would have done.

Repair Cracks in Asphalt Driveway [email protected] Home Repair 15 September 21st 06 12:09 AM
RE Asphalt Driveway joe Home Repair 1 July 21st 06 10:15 PM
Repair asphalt driveway LurfysMa Home Repair 3 March 25th 06 07:25 AM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 07:00 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM