Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Default OT Hispanic separatist organization MEChA is taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California

ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing
photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
foreign culture."

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message

ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing
photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
foreign culture."

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

Next headline:
CNN Reporter Requests & Receives Beating In Parking Lot
"No suspects have been identified, though they are probably brown."

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:12:26 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

It's a spoof.

No.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry wrote:
ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing
photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
foreign culture."

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

The religion of peace strikes again.

/sarcasm

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

It's a spoof.

No.

Really.

Checking server [whois.directnic.com]
Results:
Registration and WHOIS Service provided by directNIC.com

Registrant:
Bleachboy Heavy Manufacturing
701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Domain Name: CNNHEADLIENEWS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Boy, Bleach
701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Technical Contact:
Boy, Bleach

701 Arbor Creek Way
Nashville, TN 37217-5053
US
(615) 260-4931

Record expires on 10-25-2008
Record created on 10-25-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.233.245
NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.234.245

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:36:57 -0700, in talk.origins
Stile4aly wrote in
. com:
On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry wrote:
ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- Radical Hispanic separatist
organization MEChA ("Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan") is
taking responsibility for setting the wildfires in California,
confimed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

California officials received a letter earlier today containing
photographs of individuals holding Molotov cocktails, then throwing
them into dry brush. The faces of the individuals appeared to have
been digitally distorted.

Also included was a rambling manifesto, stating that the reason for
the act of arson was that "Aztlán belongs to indigenous people, the
Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán. We are sovereign and not subject to a
foreign culture."

http://www.cnnheadlienews.com/2007/U...cha/index.html

The religion of peace strikes again.

/sarcasm

Notice that the site is a bogus one? As Darth Vader would have voiced
over: This is NOT CNN.

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:41:07 -0500, in talk.origins
"HeyBub" wrote in
:
wrote:

[...]

Definitely not fair use parody.

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:45:29 -0500, Free Lunch
opined:

On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry wrote:
[...]

Nevertheless, given the apparent intelligence of some CNN newscasters
(or perhaps their regular viewers) I would not be overly surprised to
hear that this one slipped through.

One of them remarked---after reporting that a distraught and deranged
deputy sheriff had tried three times to commit suicide by shooting
himself in the head---that it was the third shot that was fatal. That
was the only hour of CNN I have seen in many years, but I won't be
watching again any time soon.
--
My credentials? I have excellent karma on Slashdot.
---John Vreeland (IEEE.org) http://rtmabc.blogspot.com

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

"John Vreeland" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:45:29 -0500, Free Lunch
opined:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:36:57 -0700, in talk.origins
Stile4aly wrote in
s.com:
On Oct 27, 4:32 pm, Terry wrote:
[...]

Actually, it might be more true than you think, although I don't understand
why. More than once on our local news, I've heard about people who've been
shot in the face, followed by "...injuries were not life threatening."
Pardon me?

Posted to talk.origins,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Actually, it might be more true than you think, although I don't
understand why. More than once on our local news, I've heard about
people who've been shot in the face, followed by "...injuries were
not life threatening." Pardon me?

They don't report the fatal cases.