Posted to alt.home.repair
pak pak is offline

Default Parquest floor buckling?

We have a 20 ye old home with white parquet floors. The house is located
over a crawl space in a warm climate. I believe the floor consists of
interlocking squares. Each square is made up of four smaller interlocking
squares. Recently in our bedroom floor stated to have small raised areas of
flooring. When you step on it flattens out then comes back up. As of today
we have long areas or seams of these raised up tiles, which flatten nicely
if pressured is applied but when pressure is removed it pops back up. It is
getting worse (larger area) each day.

Any idea what might be causing this or what to do about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"pak" wrote in message
We have a 20 ye old home with white parquet floors. The house is located

Do you know if the floor is newer thn than the house? If so, how new
perchance?

over a crawl space in a warm climate. I believe the floor consists of

Have you checked underneath to see if you've developed a leak and so may
have dampness seeping up causing the wood to swell just barely enough to
cause this? It is possible a pipe split and there might not be any other
obvious symptoms in a house like that at first.

interlocking squares. Each square is made up of four smaller interlocking
squares. Recently in our bedroom floor stated to have small raised areas
of flooring. When you step on it flattens out then comes back up. As of
today we have long areas or seams of these raised up tiles, which flatten
nicely if pressured is applied but when pressure is removed it pops back
up. It is getting worse (larger area) each day.

The fact that it's getting obviously worse by the day, makes me think of a
split pipe and a recently split one. Go look? Tell us what you see?

xxcarol

Posted to alt.home.repair

pak wrote:
We have a 20 ye old home with white parquet floors. The house is
located over a crawl space in a warm climate. I believe the floor
consists of interlocking squares. Each square is made up of four
smaller interlocking squares. Recently in our bedroom floor stated to
have small raised areas of flooring. When you step on it flattens out
then comes back up. As of today we have long areas or seams of these
raised up tiles, which flatten nicely if pressured is applied but
when pressure is removed it pops back up. It is getting worse (larger
area) each day.
Any idea what might be causing this or what to do about?

Definite water intrusion. Leaky pipe, leaky toilet, (in my case) leaky water
heater.