JD

Default kitchen floor buckling

Our house is 11 years old and it appears the lauan underlayment flooring is
buckling under the vinyl sheeting in the kitchen. We are on a crawl space.
It has been very hot & humid here and I am wondering if the contrast of the
air conditioning in the house and the humid air in the crawlspace is having
an effect.
I don't believe this will repair itself and I am looking for advice before I
begin tearing up the vinyl and lauan.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
JD

Stretch

I see lots of this. The vented crawlspace is the problem. Lay down
100% plastic on the ground, overlapped 12" at the seams. Close the
vents and install a ducted dehumidifier, Run a duct from the
dehumidifier to the far reaches of the crawlspace so it dries out
evenly.

You can try skipping the dehumidifier to see if the floor will go down
without it. You may also have rotted wood in the crawlspace. Make
sure the dehumidifier drains outside.

Stretch

Dumbo

JD wrote:
Our house is 11 years old and it appears the lauan underlayment flooring is
buckling under the vinyl sheeting in the kitchen. We are on a crawl space.
It has been very hot & humid here and I am wondering if the contrast of the
air conditioning in the house and the humid air in the crawlspace is having
an effect.
I don't believe this will repair itself and I am looking for advice before I
begin tearing up the vinyl and lauan.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
JD

Maybe your underfloor is rotting. I would make a trip under the house
ASAP. Hire someone, like an inspector, if you don't feel comfortable
or knowledgeable enough.

Hope it's nothing serious

Wiring kitchen ring query when kitchen part installed Jonathan UK diy 0 April 26th 05 05:56 PM
Damp/Mould in kitchen Colin E. UK diy 1 September 20th 04 12:11 PM
Celebrity Kitchen Design? Michelle Woodworking 9 December 8th 03 05:50 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM