Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove scales inside hot water resevoir on oil furnace

I have a older Burnham oil furnace. I run out of hot water pretty quickly
and it just does not seem to be able to keep up after all the water in the
resevoir runs out. I know that my water is a little hard so I would imaging
that I must have some scaling going on inside.

I know that scaling can greatly affect the electrodes in an electric hot
water system so I was wondering if this is a problem with oil burner hot
water resevoirs as well and if so, can this be taken care of without ripping
the system apart?