Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tankless water heater: recommend brands?

I'm considering an electric tankless water heater on a small cabin
serviced by a private well.

There's a shower, a bathroom sink, a kitchen sink, a utility sink and a
washing machine. Occupants: 1-2 unless the relatives figure out where the
retreat is located.

What brands are to be considered? To be avoided?

I'm getting rid of the propane tank. Present water heater is a 40-gal
Rheem electric on its way out.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 2:36?pm, franz frippl wrote:
I'm considering an electric tankless water heater on a small cabin
serviced by a private well.

There's a shower, a bathroom sink, a kitchen sink, a utility sink and a
washing machine. Occupants: 1-2 unless the relatives figure out where the
retreat is located.

What brands are to be considered? To be avoided?

I'm getting rid of the propane tank. Present water heater is a 40-gal
Rheem electric on its way out.

Thanks.

your going to HAVE to have a great electric supply for a tankless
electric.

check lowest winter water temperature. tankless very dependent on
incoming water temp.

figure at minimium a 100 amp just for tankless. then add your current
service needs.

call the local electric supplier, can they support 200 or 300 amps to
your cabin?

do realize with a tankless its ONE shower etc at a time, if anyone
else runs hot water chill will be result. plus power failure means no
hot water at all, currently you have a tanks worth.

the necessary electric upgrades will exceed any tankless savings in
standby losses.

someone checked a electric tank in a vacant home, 3 bucks of electric
monthly. thats a meaningless savings

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:08:04 -0700, wrote:

[...]

I'm planning upgrading electric service to 200 amp. There is one shower
and only one occupant most of the time. If the power goes, so does the
well. Good reminder that there would be a tank of hot water, if needed.