Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage light activation using sensor

I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

Thanks

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 29, 4:40 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:15:10 -0700, russell.frank1 wrote:
I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

Thanks

Shouldn't it have that feature? I know even the cheapy Craftsmans have it.

I has the feature when you initially open and close. After a few
minutes when left open the light goes out. I would like to have it
come on when the sensor is tripped. This is helpful for me in the
evening and when working outside.
My previous home I installed a chamberlain which had this feature as
well.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/29/2007 4:40 PM Meat Plow said the following:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:15:10 -0700, russell.frank1 wrote:

I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

Thanks

Shouldn't it have that feature? I know even the cheapy Craftsmans have it.

I'm guessing he wants the light to come on when someone breaks the
safety beam when the door has been standing open, like at night.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

easiest to install a seperate light beam sensor and lamp.

door opening would likely trip it and anyone walking thru sensor would
too.

cheaper than a new opener or modifying it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

I put a motion sensor on the light in my garage. Does pretty much what you
want.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

Thanks

Frank

How about just a motion-sensing switch to replace the regular switch for
these lights? That's what I have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 29, 8:59 pm, "Bob M." wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a Genie-Pro CM 6800, garage door opener. I would like however,
to alter it to have the garage lights come on when the safety sensors
are tripped. I would hope to accomplish this without replacing the
system. Is there a simple and inexpensive solution?

Thanks

Frank

How about just a motion-sensing switch to replace the regular switch for
these lights? That's what I have.

Thanks All,

Sorry for the delayed response. I think the motion detector on the
garage lights will serve my purpose, Yes you would think that having
this feature on the cheapest door opener would be a standard. I guess
they needed to save 50 cents.

Thanks again and a great site too!

Modify a sensor light [email protected] Home Repair 17 July 27th 07 12:05 PM
floodlights with light/motion sensor mm Home Repair 10 April 21st 07 04:48 AM
types of light sensor Suz UK diy 36 December 4th 06 07:45 PM
Installing outdoor sensor light -- Did I do something very bad? [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 7th 06 01:30 AM
Sensor light Dinah Home Repair 9 February 3rd 06 12:25 PM