Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.pets.reptiles.snakes,alt.pets.rodents,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default What (rodent?) did this???

Hello,

Recently I found something odd had happened to
the anttraps in my finished basement. The traps
were under the hot water radiator pipes.

You can see some pictures I took he

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2289.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2290.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2291.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2292.jpg
- as I found them

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2293.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2294.jpg
- One corner was chewed out on each of the traps

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2296.jpg
- there were lots of pieces of plastic remaining.
- note the size and round shape.

I thought this was really odd. What would be going for
an ant trap? What would chew out the corners, and leave
pieces the shape of crescent moons? A snake?

Any ideas??

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I put out bait at my warehouse some years back and
the ants ate the rodent bait and the rodents ate the
ant bait. All critters except for me were happy. I
heard scampering on the suspended ceiling and when
I got on a ladder, I pushed up a ceiling tile and was
confronted by an urban rat wearing a dew rag, gold
chains and wielding a switchblade. Squeak y'all!
Was the sound it made before scampering off to be wit
it's rat hos. Those urban vermin are tough and sneaky.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.pets.reptiles.snakes,alt.pets.rodents,misc.consumers.frugal-living

In article . com,
says...
[...]

Mice. Ant traps typically use sugar as bait mixed with boric acid or
something nastier. Like all rodents, mice need to chew to keep their
incisors from getting too long.

--Gene

Rodent Control HeyBub Home Repair 0 September 19th 07 02:28 PM
Owl helps with rodent control HeyBub Home Repair 2 February 3rd 07 01:48 AM
Brand name for rodent proof mesh. Ed Sirett UK diy 3 November 2nd 06 11:47 PM
Electric wire rodent damage AgaPSDIVER Home Repair 2 November 27th 03 03:49 AM