Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.pets.reptiles.snakes,alt.pets.rodents,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Gene S. Berkowitz Gene S. Berkowitz is offline

Default What (rodent?) did this???

In article . com,
says...
Hello,

Recently I found something odd had happened to
the anttraps in my finished basement. The traps
were under the hot water radiator pipes.

You can see some pictures I took he

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2289.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2290.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2291.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2292.jpg
- as I found them

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2293.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2294.jpg
- One corner was chewed out on each of the traps

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/...p/dsc_2296.jpg
- there were lots of pieces of plastic remaining.
- note the size and round shape.

I thought this was really odd. What would be going for
an ant trap? What would chew out the corners, and leave
pieces the shape of crescent moons? A snake?

Any ideas??

Mice. Ant traps typically use sugar as bait mixed with boric acid or
something nastier. Like all rodents, mice need to chew to keep their
incisors from getting too long.

--Gene