Posted to alt.home.repair

Default old wiring

I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?
Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Smitty Two wrote:

I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

Assuming it's AC, maybe the arrows will need to be animated. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 10:47 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

Yeah, posting fake code questions is much better than trying to
actually interpret the code.

Mock what you don't understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
Terry wrote:

On Sep 26, 10:47 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

Yeah, posting fake code questions is much better than trying to
actually interpret the code.

Mock what you don't understand.

So you spotted it as a fake right off, huh, even cleverly woven in
subtlety as it was? Nice work.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:47:34 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

I think to be sure you should use arrows with heads on both ends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 9:47 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

I've always heard it called "knob and tube wiring".
The NEC code requires a "~" sine wave symbol on
the hot wire and "@" drain symbol on the cold wire.
There is also a symbol that looks like the Swiss
flag for the neutral wire. There is another sticker that
looks like our planet Earth for the ground/earth wire.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
I've got some post and tube wiring in my house, and I was told that if I
upgrade the electrical system at all, I have to rewire everything to
current code standards.

The only way to avoid that requirement, AIUI, is to paint arrows
indicating the direction of electrical flow on the old wires, every six
inches, with Testor's plastic model cement, in Chevy Orange.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out whether to paint those
arrows using the electron flow version of circuit theory, or
conventional current. Anyone familiar with the NEC on that issue?

S2:

Clearly you are not one of the Inner Circle, or you would realize that
we only made up all that electric-current stuff to delude the masses.
Light bulbs actually contain specially trained fireflies, who wake up
when they hear the switch click. Quiet switches were developed
when advancing technology allowed manufacturers to raise the
frequency of the wake-up tone past the range of human hearing.

"Electrocution" is actually a strong, often fatal, psychosomatic
reaction to the touching of a "current-carrying" conductor. That's
how well we have people trained. Some professionals are so
thoroughly brainwashed as to spontaneously combust when
contacting a "high-voltage" conductor. The power of the mind is
astonishing.

G P