Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troubleshooting dishwasher - no water

Hi:

My dishwasher problem is probably more of a generic one. But, for
reference, I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash III Dishwasher Model Number:
665.1684993. Ok, here's the problem... When I turn on the
dishwasher, no water comes in. The water supply line from the house
is good and open. When I check the electrical leads going from the
dishwasher to the dishwasher's water inlet valve solenoid, when I turn
on the dishwasher, the leads have power. Yet no water is coming in.
Initially thinking I had a bad solenoid, I replaced it with a new one
am I'm having the same problem. It is possible that I was sent a
defective water inlet valve. But what else could be going on?
Also...

To me, with a water inlet valve, it uses a solenoid and so it seems to
me that if I touch the two solenoid contacts with a continuity meter
that I should detect continuity. I didn't with the first valve and
that let me in part to believe that I needed to buy a replacement.
But I can't get continuity with this new one and I can't get
continuity with a known good one installed at a dishwasher at another
house. So I guess my understanding regarding solenoids and continuity
are weak. I digress. What else can I do to see why the dishwasher
isn't getting any water?

Thanks.
Kevin