Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dryer trouble

Well my kenmore dryer quit heating, found open thermal fuse so I
replaced the temp sensor and the fuse. In a effort to not have to mess
with this again I replaced the worn looking ignitor, it had been a
long time since last failure and was looking bad . so replaced it and
the flame sensor, for the heck of it.

well the drum turns fine, got the change out of the fins inside the
drum.

but flame comes on, heats a short time and flame goes out........

any thoughts on that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 22, 8:02?pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:42:11 -0700, wrote:
Well my kenmore dryer quit heating, found open thermal fuse so I
replaced the temp sensor and the fuse. In a effort to not have to mess
with this again I replaced the worn looking ignitor, it had been a
long time since last failure and was looking bad . so replaced it and
the flame sensor, for the heck of it.

well the drum turns fine, got the change out of the fins inside the
drum.

but flame comes on, heats a short time and flame goes out........

any thoughts on that?

Weak gas valve coil? Replaced one in a (forget the brand at the moment)
dryer about a year ago. Dryer would start to heat then the flame would die
followed by a couple click noises from the valve. It would do this over
and over.

I wonder if the new flame sensor is somehow bad???

Posted to alt.home.repair
FMB FMB is offline

wrote in message
ps.com...
Well my kenmore dryer quit heating, found open thermal fuse so I
replaced the temp sensor and the fuse. In a effort to not have to mess
with this again I replaced the worn looking ignitor, it had been a
long time since last failure and was looking bad . so replaced it and
the flame sensor, for the heck of it.

well the drum turns fine, got the change out of the fins inside the
drum.

but flame comes on, heats a short time and flame goes out........

any thoughts on that?

Is the exhaust vent free and clear? Even cleaning the lint trap every load
doesn't take out enough lint so over time, it coats the exhaust route,
making it smaller and smaller in diameter. My vent is long and requires a
good cleaning every couple of years to maintain flow. With adequate flow,
the heat and moisture is carried away.

FMB
(North Mexico)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"FMB" wrote in message
news
wrote in message
ps.com...
Well my kenmore dryer quit heating, found open thermal fuse so I
replaced the temp sensor and the fuse. In a effort to not have to mess
with this again I replaced the worn looking ignitor, it had been a
long time since last failure and was looking bad . so replaced it and
the flame sensor, for the heck of it.

well the drum turns fine, got the change out of the fins inside the
drum.

but flame comes on, heats a short time and flame goes out........

any thoughts on that?

Is the exhaust vent free and clear? = good quation

IS THE EXHAUST VENT FREE ( CLEAR & OPEN )
Tony

Even cleaning the lint trap every load
doesn't take out enough lint so over time, it coats the exhaust route,
making it smaller and smaller in diameter. My vent is long and requires a
good cleaning every couple of years to maintain flow. With adequate flow,
the heat and moisture is carried away.

FMB
(North Mexico)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 23, 9:17?am, "tony" wrote:
"FMB" wrote in message

news

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

(North Mexico)- Hide quoted text -

yeahj I vacuumed it out, but just to be sure tried running the dryer
with vent disconnected. no difference burner goes off

good idea though!

Posted to alt.home.repair

bump

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
bump

Bump what? You do know this is a newsgroup?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 12:26?pm, George wrote:
wrote:
bump

Bump what? You do know this is a newsgroup?

bump to bring this wierd question more exposure.......

anyone?