Posted to alt.home.repair

Default re-routing vent line

I previously posted on cutting a cast iron waste line in the attic to
tie in a vent, but I might have an alternative to avoid doing this, so
here's my dilemma.
I'm trying to eliminate a soffit in my kitchen. In this soffit runs a
vent line horizontally (parallel to the soffit). This vent pipe picks
up the 2 bathroom sinks on the upper level of my split level house.
The vent line ties into the main waste stack in the soffit(like this)

I____vent_______________III
I III
I III
I III waste stack
Osink III
I III

Can I reroute the vent line up to the attic between the wall studs,
run horizontal in the attic, then back down between the wall studs to
tie into the waste line (like this)

I________vent_____________I III
I I
III
I I III waste
stack
I I III
I I_________III
Osink

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry about the diagram, lety me try again.

Presently

I______vent_______III
I IIII
I III waste
I III stack
I III
Osink

Can I do this?

I_____vent___I III
I I III
I I III waste
I I III stack
I I_____III
Osink

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:
Sorry about the diagram, lety me try again.

Presently

I______vent_______III
I IIII
I III waste
I III stack
I III
Osink

Can I do this?

I_____vent___I III
I I III
I I III waste
I I III stack
I I_____III
Osink

It's still as clear as mud :-)

Does the waste/soil stack extend thru the roof?

Where are the bath fixture connections in relation to
everything else?

Could you create a line diagram in Paint or similar
and upload a .jpg to PhotoBucket or similar?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 22, 9:43 am, Speedy Jim wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
Sorry about the diagram, lety me try again.

Presently

I______vent_______III
I IIII
I III waste
I III stack
I III
Osink

Can I do this?

I_____vent___I III
I I III
I I III waste
I I III stack
I I_____III
Osink

It's still as clear as mud :-)

Does the waste/soil stack extend thru the roof?

Where are the bath fixture connections in relation to
everything else?

Could you create a line diagram in Paint or similar
and upload a .jpg to PhotoBucket or similar?

Jim- Hide quoted text -

Sorry about the confusing multple posts. When I originally posted this
message with a line diagram, it did not come out right , so I deleted
the message. But to answer your question, there is nothing else
connected to the stack upward, it just goes through the roof. The bath
fixtures are on the second floor. Those are the highest drains in the
house.
I'll try to post an image later.