Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Chaulky" vinyl siding?

House is about seven years old. It's a light brown colour (hickory is the
name). It has vinyls siding and I've noticed that it looks "chaulky"... Like
the oils in the plastic are drying out.

I haven't looked really close to it yet, but I'm wondering what might be
happening.

Located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Noozer wrote:
House is about seven years old. It's a light brown colour (hickory is the
name). It has vinyls siding and I've noticed that it looks "chaulky"... Like
the oils in the plastic are drying out.

I haven't looked really close to it yet, but I'm wondering what might be
happening.

Located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

UV and other weathering, probably. May be able to wash it and restore
some color, may not depending on the particular vinyl...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noozer" wrote in message
House is about seven years old. It's a light brown colour (hickory is the
name). It has vinyls siding and I've noticed that it looks "chaulky"...
Like the oils in the plastic are drying out.

I haven't looked really close to it yet, but I'm wondering what might be
happening.

Located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Somewhat normal as the UV attacks it. Wash it off and it will be OK for
another couple of years. Repeat every two years for the next 50 years or
so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ups.com...
"Noozer" wrote in message

House is about seven years old. It's a light brown colour (hickory is
the
name). It has vinyls siding and I've noticed that it looks "chaulky"...
Like the oils in the plastic are drying out.

I haven't looked really close to it yet, but I'm wondering what might
be
happening.

Located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Somewhat normal as the UV attacks it. Wash it off and it will be OK for
another couple of years. Repeat every two years for the next 50 years or
so.

-- Repeat every two years for the next 50 years or so.

And then what?

Paint it. Good for another 50 years or more if you re-paint every 10.