Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet won't flush without high water level

I've been flushing my toilet with a bucket of water because the reservoir is cracked. The funny thing is that it won't
flush unless I fill it at least 3/4's full with water...that is, most of the time. Occasionally it will flush with a
smaller amount of water, but usually it takes allot before the flush movement begins. BTW, what is the normal level of
water required to initiate a flush? This is not a low flow toilet, but it's a normal non-elongated type.

Does this sound like an obstacle in the trap, or...well, what else could it be? I've used one of those specialized
toilet augers, the one with a 3 ft metal tube with a bend at the end (the auger cable goes through the tube) but that
didn't produce anything or help the problem.

Any suggestions?

jc