Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure Treated Wood Deck?

Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:00:08 GMT, "Christine Woltag"
wrote:

Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased..

To increase the longevity a finish should be applied. Cabot Decking
stain is an excellent product (about 6 or so colors)--reapply every
3-4 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

On Sep 17, 8:00 pm, "Christine Woltag" wrote:
Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased..

Yes. And it will look better as well even if you use a clearcoat. I
use one of the Behr silicon deck stains. Rated for 6 years (altho I
clean and redo about every 3. Its only ~$25!)