DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pressure Treated Wood Deck? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/214823-pressure-treated-wood-deck.html)

Christine Woltag September 18th 07 01:00 AM

Pressure Treated Wood Deck?

Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased.. :)

Phisherman September 18th 07 02:24 AM

Pressure Treated Wood Deck?

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:00:08 GMT, "Christine Woltag"
wrote:

Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased.. :)

To increase the longevity a finish should be applied. Cabot Decking
stain is an excellent product (about 6 or so colors)--reapply every
3-4 years.

JB September 18th 07 06:58 PM

Pressure Treated Wood Deck?

On Sep 17, 8:00 pm, "Christine Woltag" wrote:
Hi,

Just checking if we need to stain or apply any type of preservative to
increase the longevity of pressure treated wood? The paint store is saying
yes but I'm thinking they may be a bit biased.. :)

Yes. And it will look better as well even if you use a clearcoat. I
use one of the Behr silicon deck stains. Rated for 6 years (altho I
clean and redo about every 3. Its only ~$25!)