Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chimney breast

hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated
thanks mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated
thanks mike

Your problem stems from run on sentences, a lack of capitalization, and the
use of texting shorthand. HTH. HAND.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

#1. Learn how to use the English language, and how to type.
#2. Put a bra on your chimney and be sure to fall off the roof and die
when you finish. That way we won't have to read any more messages
from you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 14, 1:52 pm, mike wrote:
hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated
thanks mike

Where is the water getting into your masonry, got a proper chinmey cap
and flashing?

Pay no mind to the grammer fairies, they will go away on their own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

beecrofter wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:52 pm, mike wrote:
hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated
thanks mike

Where is the water getting into your masonry, got a proper chinmey cap
and flashing?

Pay no mind to the grammer fairies, they will go away on their own.

Yeah; folks just love reading the usenet equivalent of someone speaking with
their mouth filled with potatoes.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

beecrofter wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:52 pm, mike wrote:
hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will apreciated
thanks mike

Where is the water getting into your masonry, got a proper chinmey cap
and flashing?

Pay no mind to the grammer fairies, they will go away on their own.

I got no soapbox either. Have you tried Kilz or Zinsser primer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Learn to type and spell. That childish SMS stuff is not an adult
form of communication in my opinion. You are asking some question
about fluorescence.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi all i'm new 2 all this and would some advise please so ere
go's i
have what what seems to be salts and staining coming through the
plaster of the chimney breast tried emulsion paint but stil
comes
through after short while any ideas as too a remedy will
apreciated
thanks mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DanG" wrote in message
You are asking some question about fluorescence.

I don't think that's the right word, but I can't remember it exactly. Something
like "florovesense"?

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

DanG wrote:

Learn to type and spell. That childish SMS stuff is not an adult
form of communication in my opinion. You are asking some question
about fluorescence.

That is actually "efflorescence" that you are trying to spell.
"A growth of salt crystals on a surface caused by evaporation of salt-laden
water."

Try looking at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Removing Chimney breast freepo UK diy 4 April 7th 07 08:12 AM
chimney breast removal paul kettle About this forum 0 January 7th 06 11:04 AM
Chimney breast question Dave Phillips UK diy 9 April 17th 05 10:08 PM
Chimney breast question nafuk UK diy 1 April 15th 05 01:23 PM
Sealing old chimney breast John Anderton UK diy 4 April 24th 04 09:17 PM