Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

Default Duct relocation.

I'm looking to finish our basement. I've got a lot of issues with
Ducting and plumbing, but my head scratchers are with the forced air
ducts. I've been blessed with a sunken living room which gives me very
little room to move things around. The sunken room gives me only 6'2"
which in some areas I bet I couldn't get permits to finish but i
digress...

I do have a 'hallway' type area. Without cutting structural beams the
clearance in this area is greater at 7'2". Issue here is that the air
ducting is taking 10" of that area plus the space in between the duct
and the floor beams. This brings the ducking to the same high of the
sunken living room of 6'2".

Any ideas on how I could reroute the piping?

Can I change that Ducting of 10"(H) x 20"(W) to a 6.25" x 32"
rectangle and still get the same CFM? This could give me enough
reasonable head space.

Also, can the duct be closer to the wood? the gap is sagnificant but I
would'nt want to compermise safety.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 10, 3:24?pm, cln wrote:
[...]

ask a HVAC contractor, but have you considered digging down the floor,
adding ingress egress and calling the space a bedroom for better
resale value?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:16:52 -0700, "
wrote:

Do not retrieve the _Telstra_ message .It has a file attached.

Telstra! You are a real idiot. What is your GPS, so I can slap you?

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sep 10, 3:24?pm, cln wrote:
[...]

What he might do is go to a sheet metal company and ask them. They can send
out someone who could give him a bid to do the work or give him a bid for
the metal only and allow him to do the work.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cln" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking to finish our basement. I've got a lot of issues with
Ducting and plumbing, but my head scratchers are with the forced air
ducts. I've been blessed with a sunken living room which gives me very
little room to move things around. The sunken room gives me only 6'2"
which in some areas I bet I couldn't get permits to finish but i
digress...

You don't have a basement, you have an oversized utility crawlspace. I
doubt you'd get a permit anywhere to finish it for livable space.

Changing the ducts from one configuration to another will result in some
loss due to the transition pieces but you'd need someone that does that type
of work to give numbers to see if it will matter.

fuse box relocation [email protected] UK diy 6 December 21st 06 10:59 AM
fuse box relocation John Rumm UK diy 0 December 17th 06 08:23 AM
Water Meter relocation Yaz UK diy 1 August 8th 06 04:08 PM
dishwasher relocation Fred Home Repair 1 July 4th 05 09:32 PM
Sealing Round Metal Duct Joints On Forced Hot Air Furnace (other than duct tape)? Robert11 Home Repair 7 April 21st 05 10:24 PM