Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Curtain design for gable window.

I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
msgabe wrote:

I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

How about a pair of dual pane sunglasses, with venetian blinds built in?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 10, 10:46 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article . com,

msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

How about a pair of dual pane sunglasses, with venetian blinds built in?

Not sure I follow the dual pane sunglasses. The problem is that the
window is a triangle so I'm not sure how to put blinds or curtains
that will operate on an angle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

How about a pair of dual pane sunglasses, with venetian blinds built in?

Not sure I follow the dual pane sunglasses. The problem is that the
window is a triangle so I'm not sure how to put blinds or curtains
that will operate on an angle.

Sorry, just my twisted sense of humor. If you check the FAQS for the
group, you'll see that it's standard to offer a wisecrack if you haven't
any useful feedback for the OP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

Depends on size, shape, location and whether you want to keep clear
view, block light/sun, etc. Rustic? Formal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 10, 2:26 pm, Norminn wrote:
msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

Depends on size, shape, location and whether you want to keep clear
view, block light/sun, etc. Rustic? Formal?

Well I'm not going to be very picky I just want something that will
work. The window is a triangle. It follows the pitch of the roof in
that there's only about 4" between the hypotenuse of the window and
the ceiling. The glass is about 9 feet long! I would like to let as
much light in as possible until I pull the shades.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ups.com...
msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

Depends on size, shape, location and whether you want to keep clear
view, block light/sun, etc. Rustic? Formal?

Well I'm not going to be very picky I just want something that will
work. The window is a triangle. It follows the pitch of the roof in
that there's only about 4" between the hypotenuse of the window and
the ceiling. The glass is about 9 feet long! I would like to let as
much light in as possible until I pull the shades.

You can buy blinds to fit the angle. They are bit pricey. Can you post a
picture and some approx measures?

There are several lower cost options.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

ups.com...
msgabe wrote:
I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have.
Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the
glass?

Depends on size, shape, location and whether you want to keep clear
view, block light/sun, etc. Rustic? Formal?

Well I'm not going to be very picky I just want something that will
work. The window is a triangle. It follows the pitch of the roof in
that there's only about 4" between the hypotenuse of the window and
the ceiling. The glass is about 9 feet long! I would like to let as
much light in as possible until I pull the shades.

You can buy blinds to fit the angle. They are bit pricey. Can you post a
picture and some approx measures?

There are several lower cost options.

And ordinary traverse rod, and parallelogram (or triangle)-shaped curtains?
With the gather on the downhill end? You can string a traverse rod to be
end-opening, like people do for apartment-door sliders that are less than a
foot from the corner. If you have the pull cord on the uphill end, and put
one of those spring-loaded tensioners on it, there should be enough friction
to hold the curtains closed. Of course, this Assumes no interference with
the windows and doors below, and enough solid surfaces and space to screw
everything.

Kinda hard to say without seeing it. Can you post pictures somewhere, and
put a link in a followup? I actually curious what you come up with.

aem sends....