Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Wiring Basic Questions

Put in a new light switch and outlet and everything seems to work fine, but
was wondering about a few things.

1. The light switch did not have a ground on the old switch or the one I put
in, should it? I did not see a ground wire in the box.

2. The outlet on the old switch had 8 holes to put wires in and the ground.
It had 2 red, 2 black and 2 white all in holes paired up together. I put in
a new outlet that only had 4 holes, so I put one red in a hole and the other
red around the adjacent screw. I did this for the white and black wires as
well. Is this the way to do it, or should I of wrapped 2 wires around each
screw?

Thanks.