Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing paint from TREX

Last summer we had the exterior of our house painted by an acquaintance,
who was starting her own house painting company and has since gone out
of business. She was rather sloppy and left some paint drippings on our
deck, which is made of artificial wood (TREX). What is an effective and
inexpensive way of removing the paint drippings? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 31, 10:05 am, tenplay wrote:
Last summer we had the exterior of our house painted by an acquaintance,
who was starting her own house painting company and has since gone out
of business. She was rather sloppy and left some paint drippings on our
deck, which is made of artificial wood (TREX). What is an effective and
inexpensive way of removing the paint drippings? Thanks.

Latex or oil based paint?

Posted to alt.home.repair

tenplay wrote:
Last summer we had the exterior of our house painted by an acquaintance,
who was starting her own house painting company and has since gone out
of business. She was rather sloppy and left some paint drippings on our
deck, which is made of artificial wood (TREX). What is an effective and
inexpensive way of removing the paint drippings? Thanks.

I have no experience with paint removal on Trex, but scrape and sand
seems the best.....we have plain Trex and it should weather to the rest
of the board after it is sanded.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , tenplay says...

Last summer we had the exterior of our house painted by an acquaintance,
who was starting her own house painting company and has since gone out
of business. She was rather sloppy and left some paint drippings on our
deck, which is made of artificial wood (TREX). What is an effective and
inexpensive way of removing the paint drippings? Thanks.

No surprise she went out of business...

Posted to alt.home.repair

putty knife. or a razor scraper. it's just paint, not stain, right?

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
Last summer we had the exterior of our house painted by an acquaintance,
who was starting her own house painting company and has since gone out of
business. She was rather sloppy and left some paint drippings on our
deck, which is made of artificial wood (TREX). What is an effective and
inexpensive way of removing the paint drippings? Thanks.

help removing paint Larry and a Cat named Dub Home Repair 4 June 6th 07 05:13 AM
OT - removing paint stone Metalworking 1 October 23rd 05 06:37 AM
Removing Paint Leo Home Repair 1 September 15th 04 01:20 AM
Removing paint from sandstone Nick UK diy 2 July 31st 03 03:00 PM