Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing exterior door without damage

I installed two sets of exterior french doors about three months ago.
I installed them incorrectly - the jambs are flush with the studs
instead of the drywall. Now it's time to install molding and I'd like
to fix my mistake.
I caulked with silicone caulk under the theshhold. Having done so, can
I remove these doors to re-install them without damaging the
threshold?

I ask because when I've removed exterior doors in the past, the
threshold has stuck and been ruined by removal. Those doors were new
construction doors and I don't know if it was caulk or something else
creating the adhesion.

Thanks for your help.