Posted to alt.home.repair

Default do it yourself solar poole heater

I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.
could someone tell me if its better to buy a "kit" or could I build
one my self using pvc piping. the panels and/or piping would be
elevated on a shed roof off my barn which is about 7' high and there
is about 400sf.
thanks ahead of time.

oh yeah, upstate NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:20:05 -0000, wrote Re do it
yourself solar poole heater:

oh yeah, upstate NY

Figure 2sqft of solar heater for each 1sqft of pool surface.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, wrote:
I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.
could someone tell me if its better to buy a "kit" or could I build
one my self using pvc piping. the panels and/or piping would be
elevated on a shed roof off my barn which is about 7' high and there
is about 400sf.
thanks ahead of time.

oh yeah, upstate NY

Kyocera solar.

Ken

Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.

| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC |
| www.threerollmill.com |
| www.torreyhillstech.com |

Posted to alt.home.repair

Quote: marky2xd wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 16:20
I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.
could someone tell me if its better to buy a "kit" or could I build
one my self using pvc piping. the panels and/or piping would be
elevated on a shed roof off my barn which is about 7' high and there
is about 400sf.
thanks ahead of time.

oh yeah, upstate NY

You can build it yourself but get some good advice/plans.

Checkout:
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects...ng/pool_heatin g.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, wrote:
I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.

Opposite problem here in Phoenix. With the daily highs stuck at around
110, the pool is right around body temperature, 98 or so. Leaving the
aerator turned on while the pumps run helps a little, cools it by a
couple of degrees, but it's still uncomfortably warm. Love to figure
out an inexpensive way to cool it down another 5 degrees or so.

Want me to ship you some warm water? G

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Quote: jerry_maple wrote on Tue, 21 August 2007 11:30
On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, wrote:
I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.

Opposite problem here in Phoenix. With the daily highs stuck at around
110, the pool is right around body temperature, 98 or so. Leaving the
aerator turned on while the pumps run helps a little, cools it by a
couple of degrees, but it's still uncomfortably warm. Love to figure
out an inexpensive way to cool it down another 5 degrees or so.

Want me to ship you some warm water? G

Jerry

Actually a solar system will help you as well. If you run through the solar system at night (when temperatures are relatively cool) it will cool the pool water. Just make sure you turn off the solar system during the day!

--
Richard Thoms
President - Top Service Pros, Inc.

SOLAR WATER HEATER J T Woodworking 0 May 14th 07 03:30 AM
Majestic Transformer co. Poole, England n cook Electronics Repair 0 April 22nd 07 08:29 AM
solar air heater [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 24th 05 10:47 PM
SOLAR WATER HEATER J T Woodworking 8 August 16th 05 10:14 AM
Solar Water Heater Metin Kaya Home Ownership 0 January 15th 04 03:18 PM