Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default do it yourself solar poole heater

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:20:05 -0000, wrote:

I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump.
could someone tell me if its better to buy a "kit" or could I build
one my self using pvc piping. the panels and/or piping would be
elevated on a shed roof off my barn which is about 7' high and there
is about 400sf.
thanks ahead of time.

oh yeah, upstate NY

Pool size (go one extra panel). Sun exposure needs to be figured in
for the panels. Shade on the pool needs to be considered. You can find
a solar sizing calculator on the web for pools. It will help. In the
end I hired a professional.

--
Oren