Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dear Abby

Dear Abby,

I have never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I
think my wife is cheating on me. I am a handyman and travel
sometimes.
When I come home things are not like they used to be. It's very
awkward.

The usual signs, her cell phone rings and she steps outside or says
call
me later. When I ask her who called she gets evasive. Sometimes she
goes out with her friends but comes home late, getting dropped off
around the corner and walking the rest of the way home. I never see
who
brings her home. I once picked up the extension phone while she was
on
the phone. She got angry and accused me of all kinds of things.

Anyway, I just did not have the courage to come right out and ask her
if
she was cheating on me.

A buddy of mine is also a handyman. He told me that my wife and some
guy show up at a street cafe next to their current job site. He wanted
to borrow my large air compressor for his 4 man framing crew, and
that's when I
got the idea to find out for myself. I said, sure, you can use my air
compressor
but I want to hide behind it and see if she comes to the cafe and
with who. He agreed.

Saturday afternoon came. I slipped behind my 200HP Ingersoll Rand
compressor to
get a good view of the cafe. I could feel the heat coming off the
back
of the compressor. It was at that moment, crouching down, when I
noticed a fan belt
wobbling on it's pully iside the compressor.

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a
technician?

Thanks,
Wondering Man

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:12:18 -0700, RickH wrote:

[...]

Woundering Man,

One problem at a time. Fix your wife first.

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote Re Dear Abby:

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a
technician?

Fix it yourself while the technician fixes you wife.
Posted to alt.home.repair
BZ BZ is offline

RickH wrote:

Saturday afternoon came. I slipped behind my 200HP Ingersoll Rand
compressor to
get a good view of the cafe. I could feel the heat coming off the
back
of the compressor. It was at that moment, crouching down, when I
noticed a fan belt
wobbling on it's pully iside the compressor.

I thought this was heading into the infamous "scrotum self-repair" episode.

http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-10.html

Dear :-) Home Repair 0 March 26th 07 04:36 PM
Oh dear, a new boiler now Bob Eager UK diy 30 October 22nd 06 08:04 PM
Dear Odinn... admin Woodworking 12 July 12th 06 07:15 PM
Dear Bush Cliff Metalworking 14 January 20th 06 12:54 AM