Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door Knob for extra thick gate

I have a gate that is framed with 4x4's. I want to put a doorknob in
it but am having trouble finding doorknobs that fit doors over 2"
thick. Does anyone know where I can find exterior door knobs for 3.5"
thick doors?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:
I have a gate that is framed with 4x4's. I want to put a doorknob in
it but am having trouble finding doorknobs that fit doors over 2"
thick. Does anyone know where I can find exterior door knobs for 3.5"
thick doors?

Do you want a knob on one side or an operating latch set with knobs on
both sides? If the latter, then some latch sets will work if you use
longer retaining screws. You can get good advice and likely even the
exact thing you need at a lock and key pro shop. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

21 years a locksmith. Never seen thicker than 2 1/4 thick.

You may have to build it yourself.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
: I have a gate that is framed with 4x4's. I want to put a
doorknob in
: it but am having trouble finding doorknobs that fit doors over
2"
: thick. Does anyone know where I can find exterior door knobs
for 3.5"
: thick doors?
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 10:34 am, wrote:
I have a gate that is framed with 4x4's. I want to put a doorknob in
it but am having trouble finding doorknobs that fit doors over 2"
thick. Does anyone know where I can find exterior door knobs for 3.5"
thick doors?

Did you ever think about routing out a recessed area
on either side of the 4x4? You could remove 3/4" to 1" of
material from each side making a large enough indentation
with enough room for your hand to grab the knob.
Just a thought......

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Door knob CJC UK diy 3 November 22nd 06 01:50 PM
Door knob -- can't replace! [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 6th 06 12:48 AM
Door knob set Lawrie UK diy 3 March 28th 06 01:20 AM
Door knob problem Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 December 6th 05 02:01 AM
Broken door knob steve cannon Home Repair 1 January 11th 05 11:46 PM