Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radon

Thanks for the replys, I was able to find the information that I needed. I
don't know what happened when I googled, maybe I chose the wrong search
terms.

We decided to re parge (sp) the walls and then use the radon seal/ WE have a
stone foundation that was mortaredwith mud and horsehair and then parged
with the same mud and horsehair which is now flaking off.
Should I reparge or should I just remove what is flaking off then use the
radon seal.? At one time there seemed to have been a root cellar in the
basement, just an opening in the stone (like a doorway) and a room of dirt
about 4 X 4. I started blocking it up and have filled in the "room" with
rocks and dirt.

Thanks for the info....

Now it seems the stove is going up, my wife got electricuted (minor no
injury, but she said it jerked her arm and jaw.) I put a meter to it and it
was throwing a current from the burner plate to the oven door handle @ 109
vac.

Guess, we start cooking on the grill. Oh the joys of home ownership. Our
first house looks like its not going to be our last!

SD