Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is Tensioning Necessary for Field Fencing with T-Posts?

I want to put up fencing to keep neighbor dogs and coyotes off my
property, but know little about it. I won't be keeping animals inside
- just protecting my cats and garden from predators.

I bought 4' high woven wire field fencing, and 34 six-foot t-posts. My
land is hilly, and the fence will be climbing up and down its entire
length. It is soft dirt in spots, hard clay in others, with no rocks
anywhere I've seen.

Some places say wooden corner braces are unnecessary, that you can
make braces from t-posts using the right widgets. I'm interested in
that, because you wouldn't have to dig post holes. However, no site
describes how to tension this sort of "t-post only" field fence.

Let's say I did install wooden corner braces, and try to tension the
fence. How could I tension that, with the land being as uneven as it
is?

Is tensioning even necesary in this situation? Maybe just rounding the
corners would work.

fencing [email protected] UK diy 5 December 11th 06 10:37 AM
Distance between posts for 5 x 3 posts and 6ft featheredge the carpet man UK diy 2 March 27th 06 04:21 PM
Fencing Bob Smith UK diy 4 January 9th 04 10:10 AM
fencing Mindwipe UK diy 12 October 31st 03 09:20 AM