Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central A/C temp diff

Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in the
shade.

The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some other
opinions.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It looks excellent, to me.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

news : Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between
:
: Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the
unit on
: in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in
the
: shade.
:
: The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some
other
: opinions.
: --
: To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:50:31 -0500, Vic Dura
wrote:

Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Properly sized or not the Delta T for an A/C doesn't mean all that
much. There are several other readings needed to properly diagnose a
system. The delta T could look good for a system but that doesn't
mean it is properly sized.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vic Dura writes:

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night?

It's a good differential, but it is not a conclusive performance test
without confirming the proper air flow.
Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Vic Dura" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in the
shade.

The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some other
opinions.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Without complete operating data, everything would be a WAG.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
It looks excellent, to me.

It would to a moron!

Posted to alt.home.repair

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Vic Dura" wrote in message
news

Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in the
shade.

The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some other
opinions.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Without complete operating data, everything would be a WAG.

Kjpro is right, W/O more info it is a WAG!
The normal range depending on airflow CFM through the E-Coil per ton of
coiling, & the percent of Relative Humidity in your home it could range
from say 14-F to 28-F, and yet be within that particular application
condition's tolerances. - udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm
(* My Airconditioning Links, Hunting Shooting, Angus Cattle, etc.)

http://www.udarrell.com/principled_a...ju stice.html

http://www.udarrell.com/recognizing_real_enemies.html

http://jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html

http://www.antiwar.com/ ***

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to Accept!
Posted to alt.home.repair

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Vic Dura" wrote in message
news

Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in the
shade.

The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some other
opinions.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Without complete operating data, everything would be a WAG.

Kjpro is right, W/O more info it is a WAG!
The normal range depending on airflow CFM through the E-Coil per ton of
cooling, & the percent of Relative Humidity in your home it could range