Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Central A/C temp diff

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Vic Dura" wrote in message
news

Does anyone know what the temp difference should be between input and
output (register closest to evaporator) air for a properly sized and
properly functioning residential central a/c?

Does 20F - 25F sound reasonable 10 minutes after turning the unit on
in the morning after being off all night? Note: condenser is in the
shade.

The above temp diff looks good to me, but I wanted to get some other
opinions.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Without complete operating data, everything would be a WAG.

Kjpro is right, W/O more info it is a WAG!
The normal range depending on airflow CFM through the E-Coil per ton of
coiling, & the percent of Relative Humidity in your home it could range
from say 14-F to 28-F, and yet be within that particular application
condition's tolerances. - udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm
(* My Airconditioning Links, Hunting Shooting, Angus Cattle, etc.)

http://www.udarrell.com/principled_a...ju stice.html

http://www.udarrell.com/recognizing_real_enemies.html

http://jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html

http://www.antiwar.com/ ***

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to Accept!