Posted to alt.home.repair

Default re-grouting

Some of the grout in our shower is moldy and must be removed. I am
using a Dremel tool to do this.
My question is re-grouting. The tiles are 4" and the grout lines in
between each tile are very thin about 1/8". What is the procedure for
regrouting without making a mess of the tiles? As recommended, we have
purchased non-sanded grout.
Thanks Liz

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Some of the grout in our shower is moldy and must be removed. I am
using a Dremel tool to do this.
My question is re-grouting. The tiles are 4" and the grout lines in
between each tile are very thin about 1/8". What is the procedure for
regrouting without making a mess of the tiles? As recommended, we have
purchased non-sanded grout.
Thanks Liz

the same as the original grouting. apply with rubber float, remove from face
of tile with damp sponge, buff when dry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:53:27 -0700, "
wrote:

Some of the grout in our shower is moldy and must be removed. I am
using a Dremel tool to do this.
My question is re-grouting. The tiles are 4" and the grout lines in
between each tile are very thin about 1/8". What is the procedure for
regrouting without making a mess of the tiles? As recommended, we have
purchased non-sanded grout.
Thanks Liz

Women might use a piping bag, I really don't know. Myself, I make a
mess and clean the tile as I grout.

--
Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Liz,

If the surface of the tile is smooth without voids the I would use a
grout float and a grout sponge (a sponge with very small cell
openings) and grout following the directions on the box. It is really
not that messy of a job. Just make sure to get all the excess grout
off the surface of the tile with the sponge (rinse often, wipe at a 45
degree angle to the grout line) before it drys. Done properly, any
remaining grout haze can be buff out with a white scotch pad. If the
tile surface has pits or voids the try a grout bag (same as a pastry
bag).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 5:39 pm, wrote:
Liz,

If the surface of the tile is smooth without voids the I would use a
grout float and a grout sponge (a sponge with very small cell
openings) and grout following the directions on the box. It is really
not that messy of a job. Just make sure to get all the excess grout
off the surface of the tile with the sponge (rinse often, wipe at a 45
degree angle to the grout line) before it drys. Done properly, any
remaining grout haze can be buff out with a white scotch pad. If the
tile surface has pits or voids the try a grout bag (same as a pastry
bag).

Thanks. Since the tile surfaces seem smooth, I don't think it will be
too bad a job...

Grouting - finishing John UK diy 4 July 23rd 07 09:10 PM
Grouting? ? ? Ray Home Repair 4 July 9th 07 06:18 PM
Grouting and Tiles [email protected] UK diy 4 May 2nd 07 08:26 PM
grouting around a window Todd Home Repair 4 January 12th 07 05:12 AM
Grouting Help PhilÅ UK diy 1 December 29th 04 04:39 AM