Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Cement-Based Product for Holes in Cinder Block Foundation

The cinder block foundation on my summer home is eroded in the
vicinity of a downspout. There are holes which need to be patched,
and it is necessary to get a smooth vertical surface (for finishing)
over some areas that are several inches in diameter and recessed
by about 1".
What is the best product to use, sand mix or mortar? I would
like to use sand mix for strength, but because mortar sticks better
I would think it would be more suitable for building a finished
vertical surface.
So I defer to the experts!
Thanks very much for your help!
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 11:43 am, frank1492 wrote:
The cinder block foundation on my summer home is eroded in the
vicinity of a downspout. There are holes which need to be patched,
and it is necessary to get a smooth vertical surface (for finishing)
over some areas that are several inches in diameter and recessed
by about 1".
What is the best product to use, sand mix or mortar? I would
like to use sand mix for strength, but because mortar sticks better
I would think it would be more suitable for building a finished
vertical surface.
So I defer to the experts!
Thanks very much for your help!
Frank

http://www.rapidset.com/Eisenwall.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you are planning on touching up all exposed foundation, you
might want to consider EIFS.

Parex makes a dry powder base coat that will fill and bond to your
block foundation. You could skim where necessary and finish with
textured or elastomeric finish.

http://www.parex.com/

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .