Posted to alt.home.repair
D D is offline

Default VHS-C camcorder stops recording 15 minutes before the 60min tape end.

Hello!
My JVC GR16 VHS-C camcorder stops recording 15 minutes before the
60min tape end. The 60min (not 45min) tape is selected in the menu.
How to make the camcorder record to the last 15 minutes of the tape?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 00:38:30 -0700, D wrote:

Hello!
My JVC GR16 VHS-C camcorder stops recording 15 minutes before the
60min tape end. The 60min (not 45min) tape is selected in the menu.
How to make the camcorder record to the last 15 minutes of the tape?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Start 15 minutes later.

Have you tried anotehr tape?

Have you tried a better quality tape?

If so:
The reason tapes stop is that the one of the reels isn't turning
anymore. This usually happens because the feed reel won't easily
unload more tape.

Or because the takeup reel isn't trying hard enough to take it up.
This can happen if that reel is powered by a belt and the belt is old
and stretched. MY only experience is with vcrs. Do they use belts in
your camera?

If the feed reel is not feedign, it might help to lube whatever is
sticking. Hard enough on a vcr to find the thing but harder yet in a
camera.
Posted to alt.home.repair
D D is offline

On Aug 3, 4:16 am, mm wrote:
[...]

Thanks mm for your suggestions!
I have tried another tape - did not help.
All tapes I use are good quality, JVC 60 EHG.
Do you mean to start 15 minutes after the tape beginning?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:42:13 -0700, D wrote:

On Aug 3, 4:16 am, mm wrote:
[...]

I would try another brand, no matter how good that brand is. Because
it's what, 2,3,4 dollars for a tape, and a hundred or more for a
repair and hundreds for a new camera, and it's often impossible with
the tools we have to find out why something is broken or to predict
what will fix it.

Do you mean to start 15 minutes after the tape beginning?

That line was a joke.

Best regards,
Dima

Posted to alt.home.repair
D D is offline

On Aug 3, 4:16 am, mm wrote:
[...]

Dima- Hide quoted text -

Thanks mm for your suggestion!

Posted to alt.home.repair
D D is offline

On Aug 3, 4:16 am, mm wrote:
[...]

I would do the same. Having experience in vcr repair since the early days
of Beta, it's just common sense to try another brand before heading to the
repair shop. I've had my Hi-8 Sony apart to fix a loose connection and
don't recall seeing any belts on the tape deck. Still there has to be a
friction driven device in the drive train to the take up reel to apply
the proper amount of torque to the tape and if any brand of tape stops
prematurely, the most likely culprit would be that device.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Meat Plow for your reply!
Why did you request that your message not be archived, but removed
from Groups?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:11:24 -0700, D wrote:

Why did you request that your message not be archived, but removed
from Groups?

He's CIA.