Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I move my return air vent?

The original return vent was installed in a wall that was removed. The
vent in the wall went down into the floor between to joists. These
joists were sealed off by a sheet metal bottom. The original design
had an additional joist installed for this vent so the actual joist
spacing is about 8" wide in this area. I'd like to know if I can move
the original position of the return vent in the room it was in, and
connect it to the floor joists using flexible tubing? The room I'm
talking about was L shaped when the wall was up. Now that it's
removed, the room only has a middle wall that seperates the Kitchen
from the living room. Theres a return vent in that middle wall. It's
only about 10 feet away from where the vent I removed was, and I think
it feeds the same duct in the floor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually you can do whatever you want with anything. Move wires, vents,
walls, whatever.

The only thing is how much of a pain is it going to be and how much will it
cost?

Some things are pretty simple do-it-yourself. Others may need a pro.