Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default Where were you last night, Bobby Layne.

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

In article .com,
says...
On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Skitt, thou shoudst be living at this hour.

Oh. Thou art.

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

--
David
=====

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 12:23 pm, the Omrud wrote:
In article .com,
says...

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Skitt, thou shoudst be living at this hour.

Oh. Thou art.

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

--
David
=====

Nicely done. Thanks. That's exactly what I meant to say.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Jul 28, 11:04 am, Robert Lieblich wrote:
Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

Now that's, funny

Okay, let's pretend to be serious. I would categorize "You're" in
"You're subject line ..." as a spelling error, not a punctuation
error, even if it does involve an apostrophe. If there's a distinct
punctuation error as well, it didn't show up when the thread was
crossposted here.

Are you guys really so bad at spelling and punctuation that you need
to drag AUE into it?
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:

Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.
I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

Now that's, funny

Okay, let's pretend to be serious. I would categorize "You're" in
"You're subject line ..." as a spelling error, not a punctuation
error, even if it does involve an apostrophe. If there's a distinct
punctuation error as well, it didn't show up when the thread was
crossposted here.

Are you guys really so bad at spelling and punctuation that you need
to drag AUE into it?

Dragging is involved; but, it's possibly not the best word to use when
articulating a precise response describing this particular verbal
engagement.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Mercellus Bohren formulated the question :
Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

--

Yours,
Dan S.

Probably not a fan of your team either.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

Mike M

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Mike M used his keyboard to write :

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?
There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.
Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.
I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

Mike M

No speakie well au frantzy pants words.

--

Yours,
Dan S.

doesn't need to be reminded of being the man

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:56:31 -0000, Mike M posted:

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?

There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.

Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.

I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

Wow, these home repair posts have really gone off the rails.

Query: I am planning to install distressed hard plank flooring
(mesquite or some other exotic wood) at about a 4 to 5 inches in
width. What should I expect to pay per square foot for installation
(including labor)?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Oleg Lego explained on 7/30/2007 :

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?
There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.
Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.
I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

I was an cook a while back and would have felt weird saying to pan up
the jew.

--

Yours,
Dan S.

Puedes corregir mi español... me gusta ... llámame masoquisto.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?
There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.
Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.
I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

I was an cook a while back and would have felt weird saying to pan up
the jew.

How do you say that in German?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Tater Cole wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:50 am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
[gp]

You're subject line should have been written as folllows:
Where were you last night, Bobby Layne?
There's no need to crosspost simple misspellings from other newsgroups
to AUE. We get quite enough of them as is.
Nothing was misspelled; it was a punctuation error.
I'm a stickler, for punctuation errors

I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a stickler, but I think it's served
with nice minted au jus, is it not?

Shirley, it's either served au jus, or with jus, but not with au jus?

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

I was an cook a while back and would have felt weird saying to pan up
the jew.

How do you say that in German?

Is that in Modern German, or in The Original German?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:50:19 -0700, Mercellus Bohren posted:

Tater Cole wrote:

[...]

You drops it in aue, you gets discussions about the words.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

[...]

Dood, I really like your last name. Is it real, or are you a sock?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:22:08 -0700, Mercellus Bohren posted:

Tater Cole wrote:

[...]

Depends entirely on what you mean by "real" and "sock".

It's a real name, but it isn't mine. It's a pseudonym.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Tater Cole wrote:

[...]

You didn't know about the term sock?

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:50:32 -0700, Mercellus Bohren posted:

Tater Cole wrote:

[...]

Well, I wear socks.

Please feel free to enlighten me.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Oleg Lego wrote:

A few years ago, in a restaurant menu, I read "served with au jus".

With, I imagine, salsa sauce as an optional alternative.

--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Night Stands Don Cross Woodworking 1 December 3rd 06 02:23 PM
Day/Night Switch? Brian Home Repair 2 November 30th 06 10:26 PM
DID YOU SEE RAW LAST NIGHT Tony Martinez Electronics Repair 0 March 8th 06 02:33 AM
Light to go on at night Timothy Murphy UK diy 10 September 8th 04 08:37 PM
I was in the bathroom last night and Kevin Woodturning 16 April 6th 04 06:10 PM