Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Upright freezer compressor only works for 10 seconds.

I have about 5 years old kenmore upright freezer and it's not freezing
anymore.
it seems when compressor start to push cold air it turns off by itself
after 10 seconds.
It'll restart like 10-15 minute later or after I open and close
freezer door but compressor is not
running more then 10 seconds.

I thought it could be defrost timer so I forced timer to go off
manually but still compressor is not running
more then 10 seconds.. I noticed defrost tank is really hot all the
time and coil is very clean.
I need help to locate the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you for reading this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"defrost tank", do you think he's describing the compressor?

Bad start components on the compressor is most likely. If the
refrig is less than 5 years old, it's a warranty call to Shears.
If over five, you'd be better to find a small town appliance guy
and get a hard start kit installed.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Telstra" wrote in message
: The compressor is cycling on the external overload
: Turn the unit off and get a Service technician.
: ups.com...
: