Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bamboo flooing, why only dark?

I find the dark bamboo flooring everywhere but the natural light color ones
are not carry by many stores in my local area. Natural bamboo has the same
price, cheaper to make and its harder than the dark bamboo. The only reason
I could think of is people prefer dark flooring. Is that why?

Posted to alt.home.repair

** Frank ** wrote:
I find the dark bamboo flooring everywhere but the natural light color ones
are not carry by many stores in my local area. Natural bamboo has the same
price, cheaper to make and its harder than the dark bamboo. The only reason
I could think of is people prefer dark flooring. Is that why?

Don't know if this is anywhere near you, but look at www.iFloor.com.

I'm going to pop in there this weekend, because I've been thinking
bamboo might look really great in one of my carpeted rooms... I've seen
the bamboo floors and they do look very good.

Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

In article . net,
says...
** Frank ** wrote:
I find the dark bamboo flooring everywhere but the natural light color ones
are not carry by many stores in my local area. Natural bamboo has the same
price, cheaper to make and its harder than the dark bamboo. The only reason
I could think of is people prefer dark flooring. Is that why?

Don't know if this is anywhere near you, but look at
www.iFloor.com.

I bought from one of their companies over the Internet a couple of
years ago. The flooring was delivered by truck in a very short time
(a week, IIRC). Overall I'm quite happy with the flooring and them.
I'm not so happy with the installer. If I'd known how easy it was I
would have done it myself.

I'm going to pop in there this weekend, because I've been thinking
bamboo might look really great in one of my carpeted rooms... I've seen
the bamboo floors and they do look very good.

I put the vertical carbonized medium in my downstairs halls, kitchen
and dining room (about 700sq.ft. total). I like the look but might
not do a kitchen with it again. I'm thinking about using bamboo in
the bedrooms of my next house (next year perhaps). I like the stuff.

http://www.ifloor.com/item_303900/ba...ng/westhollow-
bamboo/style-series-ii-premium-collection-3-/3-vertical-carbonized-
medium.html

--
Keith

bamboo flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 2 November 9th 06 08:00 AM
bamboo plywood Rick Woodworking 15 October 3rd 06 06:05 PM
Bamboo Flooring Gary Dean Woodworking 12 June 24th 05 03:00 AM
Accent of bamboo Never Enough Money Woodworking 16 October 21st 04 04:22 PM
Bamboo Flooring Kriz265490 UK diy 1 March 23rd 04 07:07 PM