Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rejuvenating a appliance touch up paint

On my tub I created an accident that revealed the old color, light
blue the size of a couple of pinheads under the white coating. I had
this touch up paint in a small bottle and its half full. ..but its
hard. Does anyone know how to rejuvenate it? All I need is a dab of
this paint. I was thinking a little turpentine, but i was wondering if
that would decrease the stability of this type of paint after taking
showers?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Noel wrote:
On my tub I created an accident that revealed the old color, light
blue the size of a couple of pinheads under the white coating. I had
this touch up paint in a small bottle and its half full. ..but its
hard. Does anyone know how to rejuvenate it? All I need is a dab of
this paint. I was thinking a little turpentine, but i was wondering if
that would decrease the stability of this type of paint after taking
showers?

Try to remember where you got the paint and get a replacement bottle.
Nothing else will really work. If you want to tinker, you could buy a
slew of solvents at a paint store and try them one at a time.
It might be a lacquer that could be softened with a fingernail polish
remover, for example.
When you get the replacement paint, use it, then keep the cap screwed
on tightly this time. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 6:16 pm, Noel wrote:
On my tub I created an accident that revealed the old color, light
blue the size of a couple of pinheads under the white coating. I had
this touch up paint in a small bottle and its half full. ..but its
hard. Does anyone know how to rejuvenate it? All I need is a dab of
this paint. I was thinking a little turpentine, but i was wondering if
that would decrease the stability of this type of paint after taking
showers?

Add just a little bit of lacquer thinner to it and let it set shakeing
it occasionally till it liquefies again.

Touch up eggshell paint Robert Noble Home Repair 8 July 24th 17 08:14 PM
appliance touch up paint Noel Home Repair 1 July 21st 07 08:52 PM
touch up paint pete Home Ownership 0 March 30th 05 12:31 AM
touch up paint on wall Fred Home Repair 7 March 27th 05 02:02 PM
appliance paint Fire&Ice Home Repair 7 February 2nd 05 05:18 PM