Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Reported as true

This was reported to be a true story, but I rather doubt it.
Still a bit funny.
Bob-tx

True story.

I helped a friend roof his house in December. The weather was cold
but we got the new shingles on. A few days later there were high
winds and 20 or so shingles ripped off the roof. I checked and
found
the self adhesive pads on the shingles were not sticking because it
was too cold. I told him we needed to heat the roof to make them
stick. We replaced the missing shingles, and I tried a hair dryer
heat them. That was too slow, and was not making them stick very
good. I told him we needed a faster method, and suggested using
gasoline, and told him it was safe as long as it was spread thin
enough. I took two 5 gallon cans of gasoline and brushed it on the
whole roof with a large broom. I got on the ladder so I could get
off
the roof fast, and I tossed a match and let it burn. I figured it
would burn fast because of the gas being spread so thinly, and
would
go out in a few seconds, but would create enough heat to make the
shingles stick. Instead the whole roof went up in flames and the
house burned to the ground. My friend is blaming me for the fire,
and
has even said he is going to sue me, and called the police saying
it
was arson. It's not my fault, I already know what went wrong.
Some
of the gasoline ran into roof vents and right after I set it on
fire
the winds picked up. The winds blew the fire into the vents and
ignited the gasoline that dripped in there, and that started the
attic
on fire. The weather is what caused the fire, not me. I do think
that maybe I should have put duct tape on the vents, but I never
thought the winds would pick up right after I started the fire.
He's
being a real jerk about it. This is the last time I help a friend.
I shouldn't even call this guy a friend, because he's an asshole.
But
if he wants to lose a friend over a stupid house, that's his right.
already told him he needed a new house anyhow, and pointed out to
him
how old, crappy, and run down his house was. But he is just being
total ass, and so is his wife. I wont help him ever again with
anything

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in news:Mlrpi.7045$rH6.2231
@newsfe22.lga:

[...]

Anyone that stupid is not smart enough to even get up on a roof.

But, I do personally know of someone who used a roofing nailer to attach
drywall.

Speaking of roofing nails, found this in a box of Bostitch roofing nails.
Guess it means not to use the nails for crown stapling.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=67gwwaw
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:09:59 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Anyone that stupid is not smart enough to even get up on a roof.

But, I do personally know of someone who used a roofing nailer to attach
drywall.

Speaking of roofing nails, found this in a box of Bostitch roofing nails.
Guess it means not to use the nails for crown stapling.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=67gwwaw

Glad to see them use safety glasses!!

If you run across one with nails being thrown away, because the head
is on the wrong end - please post it here. Thanks.

--
Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx? Home Repair 140 November 2nd 06 12:19 AM
OOPS: Tuesday, the U.S. military reported the deaths of two more soldiers in fighting in Anbar province. Woodworking 3 March 15th 06 11:35 AM
OT - ABUSE REPORTED Bobby Woodworking 3 March 6th 06 06:29 PM
"Carpenter" has been reported to Google Abuse bay area dave Woodworking 0 June 5th 04 03:26 AM
Termite Activity Reported in Home Email Invalid Home Ownership 5 March 21st 04 05:14 PM