Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dog Pooped on Carpet

My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up
the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough
stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any
cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Posted to alt.home.repair

Search this forum using the word "odor" and you will find several very good
threads including one I started when a mouse climbed into my new Corvette
convertible trunk last winter, got trapped, and then died. With the help of
others on this forum I eventually found a superb product which only does
odor removal, and has no fragrance of its' own. It worked perfectly when
everything else failed. It is at:

http://www.rugdoctorpro.com/pro/solutions.pdf

and has an enzymatic formula which breaks down and kills the bacteria which
cause the stink. It is sold in my area where rental rug shampoo machines are
offered, since this same company makes a whole line of rug cleaning and
deodorizing products. Good luck!

Smarty

"a12vman" wrote in message
My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped
up the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with
tough stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there
any cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Posted to alt.home.repair

a12vman wrote:
My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up
the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough
stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any
cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Hmmm,
Sounds like you are feeding your dog El Cheapo dog food.
Give the best food you can find, produces less odor, less
waste.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "a12vman" wrote:
My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up
the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough
stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any
cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

The first thing I'd try is to dump about 1/2 cup of baking soda on the spot
and rub it in, then vacuum it out. Costs about fifty cents and takes five
minutes, so even if it doesn't help, what are you out?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:10:54 -0400, "a12vman"
wrote:

My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up
the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough
stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any
cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Use an enzyme cleaner, available at most large pet
centers/departments. Or, you can try covering the area with baking
soda, tap it into the carpet, then vacuum it up after 3-4 days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sure, for example Simple Solution. I've had no lingering odors and
very simple removal of dog poop for years, with each new Doberman puppy.

My usual mail order company for pet stuff
http://www.petsuppliesdelivered.com/...ubmit= SEARCH

but there must be hundreds of others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"a12vman" wrote

| My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped
up
| the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough
| stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any
| cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a
| commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.

I've used Urine Gone and Nature's Miracle. Both are good, but the best is
the one called "UNIQUE Pet Odor & Stain Eliminator".