Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet in kitchen not working

We have an outlet that we think we blew this afternoon plugging a
drill into it the power turned off. When we tried to reset the
breaker box everything turned back on but that outlet. We changed the
outlet. It registers that it has power, but it won't run anything.
It is like it does not have enough juice to run something. What
causes the power to decrease in an outlet to where it is there, but
now running?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 22, 5:30 pm, wrote:
We have an outlet that we think we blew this afternoon plugging a
drill into it the power turned off. When we tried to reset the
breaker box everything turned back on but that outlet. We changed the
outlet. It registers that it has power, but it won't run anything.
It is like it does not have enough juice to run something. What
causes the power to decrease in an outlet to where it is there, but
now running?

- It registers that it has power

What does this mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

There are any number of possibilities. Do all the other outlets in the
kitchen work now? How old is the house or at least the kitchen wiring? Do
any of the kitchen outlets have GFCI protection? It could be a tripped GFCI
or it's possible that you have an open neutral. If it's an open neutral,
you'll likely find the loose connection in an adjacent "working" outlet

wrote in message
oups.com...
We have an outlet that we think we blew this afternoon plugging a
drill into it the power turned off. When we tried to reset the
breaker box everything turned back on but that outlet. We changed the
outlet. It registers that it has power, but it won't run anything.
It is like it does not have enough juice to run something. What
causes the power to decrease in an outlet to where it is there, but
now running?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

If there is a GFI and it does not test out correctly when you hit the test
and reset buttons, turn off power to that circuit and replace it. GFI's
sometimes go bad.

oups.com...

Non-working outlet T.J. Home Repair 10 March 22nd 07 03:21 PM
kitchen faucet not working but sprayer is working [email protected] Home Repair 7 March 15th 07 04:50 AM
kitchen faucet not working but sprayer is working [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 12th 07 09:24 PM
kitchen faucet not working but sprayer is working [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 12th 07 09:24 PM
Outdoor Outlet Not Working [email protected] Home Repair 12 December 6th 06 04:13 AM