Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MasterGuard?

"SteveB" wrote in message
This evening I went to a presentation by MasterGuard, a fire alarm, CO
detector, and heat alarm company. They didn't set any prices, saying that
they do that when they come and see how many you need, etc, etc, etc.

I smell something spendy down the pike.

Anyone have any previous experience with this outfit? Good or bad?

Their premise is that they provide smoke alarms that are optical rather

than
ionized gas based. They offer a lifetime guarantee and free replacement.
Like I said, sounds spendy to me. They are coming Monday to give a "bid".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Good stuff, but get ready to spend a few grand!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve,

So called "dual sensor" detectors are used to deal with different types of
fires, and choosing one rather than the other method (optical versus
ionization) does not make a lot of sense to me.

This may be a useful link:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...oke-detectors/

Smarty

"SteveB" wrote in message
This evening I went to a presentation by MasterGuard, a fire alarm, CO
detector, and heat alarm company. They didn't set any prices, saying that
they do that when they come and see how many you need, etc, etc, etc.

I smell something spendy down the pike.

Anyone have any previous experience with this outfit? Good or bad?

Their premise is that they provide smoke alarms that are optical rather
than ionized gas based. They offer a lifetime guarantee and free
replacement. Like I said, sounds spendy to me. They are coming Monday to
give a "bid".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:15:07 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

This evening I went to a presentation by MasterGuard, a fire alarm, CO
detector, and heat alarm company. They didn't set any prices, saying that
they do that when they come and see how many you need, etc, etc, etc.

I smell something spendy down the pike.

If they spend the time to do a presentation and then come out to your
home, I think you're right.

Anyone have any previous experience with this outfit? Good or bad?

No, no previous experience.

Their premise is that they provide smoke alarms that are optical rather than

You can buy photoelectric smoke detectors at the store. You don't need
them. You can buy the kind that will connect to a burglar alarm too,
but

ionized gas based. They offer a lifetime guarantee and free replacement.

That's really only one thing. What woudl a lifetime guarantee be
without free replacement?

Like I said, sounds spendy to me. They are coming Monday to give a "bid".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:10:18 -0400, mm
wrote:

Their premise is that they provide smoke alarms that are optical rather than

You can buy photoelectric smoke detectors at the store. You don't need
them.

By "them", I meant the salesmen of the fancy company you posted about.

You can buy the kind that will connect to a burglar alarm too,
but

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
wrote:
They offer a lifetime guarantee and free replacement.

That's really only one thing. What woudl a lifetime guarantee be
without free replacement?

Lifetime repair?

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's price is high, but it's a one time purchase. No buying
replacements.
They have washable smoke detectors, dirty smoke detectors is the
number one reason for failure to respond, store bought detectors are
not washable.
Their smoke detetor as two ways to detect a fire, one from slow
burning smouldering fires, and the fast burning fires,
The ionized method is the least reliable method with failure rate as
high as 55%.

They have a heat detector that withstand fire, so it can be used in
areas you can not use a smoke detector, kitchen, utility, attic,
garage, water heater closet, den with fireplaces, you know the places
a fire is most likey to happen, and it requires no battery or outside
power, it is always ready even years from now.

you decide, my best friend kids lives were saved by their product over
20 years ago, and his store bought smoke alarms which he still had up
never even sounded. he said he made the right decision, spent the
money not for alarms but for his family.
Roy