Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes Washer Drain Height

Hello there,

Without getting into all the details do you think that I can drain a
new clothes washer between joists which is approximately 6' 6" in
height?

Thanks for responses,

Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

I would look on line for the washer you are getting to check the manual but
to me it sounds too high.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,

Without getting into all the details do you think that I can drain a
new clothes washer between joists which is approximately 6' 6" in
height?

Thanks for responses,

Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

nk.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,

Without getting into all the details do you think that I can drain a
new clothes washer between joists which is approximately 6' 6" in
height?

Highly doubt it. I bought a new washer for this place after the old one
caught on fire, and I had to extend the drain hose to reach the 5' or so
high collector on the wall. It works, but the cycles take a little longer.
If you don't have a washer drain in place, you need to be looking at one of
those plastic box and pump-with-a-float-switch kits, to make it to a drain
up in the ceiling. What level does your sewer main or septic line exit your
basement, and how close to the washer location is that? Having a plumber tie
a collector into that is the legal way to go. You do want a standpipe and
air gap, to make sure sewer line water can't get back into the washer.

BTW, in case you were gonna just run a line through band joist above sill
plate and spill it in the yard, that is illegal almost everywhere. Draining
washer into a drywell is getting to be frowned upon, too.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

It should work, I had my doubts but we installed my brothers machine ( a
maytag front loader) with a drain about that high 2 years ago and it seems
to work just fine,

--

Mike S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,

Without getting into all the details do you think that I can drain a
new clothes washer between joists which is approximately 6' 6" in
height?

Thanks for responses,

Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 9:21?am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 22:45:01 -0500, dpb wrote:
wrote:
Hello there,

Without getting into all the details do you think that I can drain a
new clothes washer between joists which is approximately 6' 6" in
height?

Pump may have enough lift, but I'd be wondering where it goes from there
and concerned about back up and that's quite a bit of standing grey water.

Wonder if the drain height is ever spec'd out in the owner's manual? I've
never bought a new washer,I have a pair of Kenmore that was used when I
bought them back in 1990. Also wonder if some of the newer hi-tech washers
even need the standing drain, seems simple enough to do away with.

just lift hose to perspective height and see what happens, even if you
have to drain the water into some buckets.