Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default how to repair crack in cement garage floor without making it worse?

It looks like someone filled it in with cement years ago and all that
seemed to do was widen the crack. Is there a product on the market
that will fill the gap without expanding it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

The crack widened by itself unless he used expanding foam which is doubtful.

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
It looks like someone filled it in with cement years ago and all that
seemed to do was widen the crack. Is there a product on the market
that will fill the gap without expanding it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 13, 11:03 pm, "Art" wrote:
The crack widened by itself unless he used expanding foam which is doubtful.

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

It looks like someone filled it in with cement years ago and all that
seemed to do was widen the crack. Is there a product on the market
that will fill the gap without expanding it?

so should I just reseal it with cement?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 8:03 pm, "Art" wrote:
The crack widened by itself unless he used expanding foam which is doubtful.

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

It looks like someone filled it in with cement years ago and all that
seemed to do was widen the crack. Is there a product on the market
that will fill the gap without expanding it?

The crack widened by itself

yup!

I filled a garage floor crack ~20 years ago with epoxy structual
adhesive...worked great for a long time but the crack widened slightly

how wide is the crack? Is the crack stable (obviously not completely
since the crack opened)

if it's less than 3/8" I'd use a flexible material like SIKA self-
leveling grout (sealant?)...comes is jumbo caulk tube, works great
unless you've got a bottom less crack or the floor has an appreciable
slope

search the group for another's experience

cheers
Bob