Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathtub drain

Hi, first time poster here - hope I get this right

I tried using a snake on the bathtub drain and, as with the sink, I
started using the other end of the snake (tail end?); one without the
screw-a-ma-giggy.

Well, it worked on the sink real well for starts but on the bathtub it
sounded like it poked through somewhere because it sounded like it was
thrashing around inside the bathtub cavity itself!

Does anyone know if they ever use rubber flexible pipes on tub
instalations? I'm afraid I might have created a costly repair for
myself.

I stripped out a section of calk and no water seems to be leaking so
far.. I'm wondering if I might have gone up into the overflow spout
and ruptured that - if so maybe its not too big of a deal. Any
thoughts would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jark

removing bathtub drain oklaman Home Repair 4 October 13th 06 03:19 AM
Stuck bathtub drain... Have tried everything... need help Al Kondo Home Repair 10 May 10th 05 04:04 PM
Bathtub drain repair Puddin' Man Home Repair 5 April 1st 05 05:51 AM
Bathtub Drain Woes Me Home Repair 11 January 16th 05 08:05 AM
bathtub drain question Peter H Home Repair 1 August 23rd 04 12:05 AM