Posted to alt.home.repair
Jark Jark is offline

Default Bathtub drain

Hi, first time poster here - hope I get this right

I tried using a snake on the bathtub drain and, as with the sink, I
started using the other end of the snake (tail end?); one without the
screw-a-ma-giggy.

Well, it worked on the sink real well for starts but on the bathtub it
sounded like it poked through somewhere because it sounded like it was
thrashing around inside the bathtub cavity itself!

Does anyone know if they ever use rubber flexible pipes on tub
instalations? I'm afraid I might have created a costly repair for
myself.

I stripped out a section of calk and no water seems to be leaking so
far.. I'm wondering if I might have gone up into the overflow spout
and ruptured that - if so maybe its not too big of a deal. Any
thoughts would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jark