Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Material needed to wrap a lamp post??

Hi,
On my front lawn I have a lamp post. I had to run some wiring up it
for a security camera. the wiring is an eyesore and the post is
cemented in the ground so there is no way to run the wiring inside.
Someone mentioned to me there is some material I can wrap the post,
then apply adheasive, then use a heat gun to shrink and set it. I've
looked around and I can't find anyting like this. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
On my front lawn I have a lamp post. I had to run some wiring up it
for a security camera. the wiring is an eyesore and the post is
cemented in the ground so there is no way to run the wiring inside.
Someone mentioned to me there is some material I can wrap the post,
then apply adheasive, then use a heat gun to shrink and set it. I've
looked around and I can't find anyting like this. Any ideas?

Sounds like a lame solution. Start the project over. Drill a hole near
ground level and snake the wire up to the top. Seal the bottom hole with
whatever caulk color is least visible.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

If the post is hollow, why not drill a couple of holes and thread it thru.
Then silicone seal the holes.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
On my front lawn I have a lamp post. I had to run some wiring up it
for a security camera. the wiring is an eyesore and the post is
cemented in the ground so there is no way to run the wiring inside.
Someone mentioned to me there is some material I can wrap the post,
then apply adheasive, then use a heat gun to shrink and set it. I've
looked around and I can't find anyting like this. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,
On my front lawn I have a lamp post. I had to run some wiring up it
for a security camera. the wiring is an eyesore and the post is
cemented in the ground so there is no way to run the wiring inside.
Someone mentioned to me there is some material I can wrap the post,
then apply adheasive, then use a heat gun to shrink and set it. I've
looked around and I can't find anyting like this. Any ideas?- Hide quoted text -

be careful you dont drill into the power wires to the lamp.

posts are cheap i would replace it and dont cement in ground